Welcome to the web page of the Wednesday Afternoon Golfing Athletes. Important information will be listed below, WAGA news and related information is listed on the right hand column of the page. The WAGA Points Table is accessible via the link in the top right corner.
Clive Clayton & Steve Chapman (Joint Chairman)
WAGA Points Table
The WAGA Points Table is now viewable online - click the button. The Points Table will be updated weekly.
Find out about this year's Crapputter Cup.
This Week's Results
14 June 17.
Third WAGA of the Summer League saw a great turnout of 41 WAGA members. A warm welcome back to Simon March & Blue Turnpenny the Clubs new Manager.
RESULTS. Chris Taylor took ‘Pink’ with 12 points. He will like the 1 ‘Pink’ shirt fits all next week. Andy Rahaman was in relaxed mode after handing over the Club Captaincy to record an excellent 28 points for ‘Yellow’. His 5 handicap (now 1!!) beat Tony Cresswell 12 handicap and Pat Chapman 17 handicap also with 28 points. 4th was Arthur Waterhouse who pipped the much improved James Vickers both with 26 points.
- 2 SKINS. The pot of €38.5 was taken by Tony Cresswell with the only 2 of the day on the 1st. Reminder that the new remit on the 2 skins is that 1 to 2 players will share the pot but 3 or more will see the pot roll over. Please continue the marking of 2's clearly on cards and mentioning to Chairman when handing in card. Back to week 1 next week.
- LEAGUE TABLE. The new Summer League table is enclosed (2 versions) and sees Clive Clayton move into top spot with 71 points 2 ahead of Danny Wilson. The league will run for 20 weeks up until the 11 Oct. The qualifier for a ‘Top 9’ slot will be 12 WAGAs.
- Please continue to encourage new members to attend WAGA.
- Embrace the WAGA ethos and mix with other players as much as possible during the season. Please refrain from teeing off at too an early a time pre the official 1300H allocated time. Please keep to 3 balls, No 4 balls please unless playing a club KO.
- Our better players are request to play with less talented players for encouragement and hopefully develop better skills and understanding of rules.
Vouchers for the recent Winter league must be handed in by the end of June when we shall close the Winter Season accounts.
- Ray Turford will be organising a Turkey Golf tour 21-28 Oct. Please let Ray know if you are interested. Full details were sent in the recent email.
Thanks for all your support and hopefully see you next week.
Clive & Steve.
WAGA Winter Finals Day 24 May 17 Prizes
No 2 skins today. Won last week. Start next week.
Pink......George Varughese.......11 points...........
- NP 1st ....Peter Biddulph 3.18m................
- PA on 7th for H/C 13 & above.....Moray Campbell ..3.23m.........
- PA on 11th for H/C 12 & below...Andy Rahaman 1.63m.......
NGE Section- Those outside top 9 in league 37 playing.
- 3rd ........Gary McDonnell 27 points.
- 2nd .......Ray Bolger 28 points.
- 1st ..........Moray Campbell 28 points.
Top 9 in league.
- 9th Top 9.......Ian Boote 411 points.
- 8th Top 9........Peter Biddulph 411 points.
- 7th Top 9........Arthur Waterhouse 412 points.
- 6th Top 9.........Denny Rowland 413 points.
- 5th Top 9........MOD 414 points.
- 4th Top 9........Clive Synnuck 417 points.
- 2nd in League ....Dave Sleight 419 points.
- 1st .......Bruce Kingston Shield... Scott Dunn 25 points.
- 1st and Winter Season Champion....Ray Kemp 440 points.