Welcome to the web page of the Wednesday Afternoon Golfing Athletes. Important information will be listed below, WAGA news and related information is listed on the right hand column of the page. The WAGA Points Table is accessible via the link in the top right corner.
Clive Clayton & Steve Chapman (Joint Chairman)
WAGA Points Table
The WAGA Points Table is updated weekly. Please choose the format below.
Find out about this year's Crapputter Cup.
Fantasy Golf League
Fantasy league will start with the BMW SA open on 11 Jan 18 please register on the Fantasy page of the European Tour page https://fantasyrace.europeantour.com please sign up ASAP.
Private league JSGC(E)
PIN is jDS2rMY1I4.
CBF Cup at Dhekelia saw numbers down to 19 today. Warm welcome back to Peter Kerr.
RESULTS. Pink went to Clive Clayton who went from Hero to Zero with 13 points. The yellow went to Peter Alderson the league leader with an excellent 29 points. 2nd with an equal great score of 27 points was Bill Ferguson. 3rd was Moray Campbell with 24 points. 4th .on 22 points was Clive Synnuck.
· 2 SKINS. First week of the 2 skins saw the pot of €9.5 roll over as no 2s were scored. Reminder only 1 player can take the pot. No player or 2 plus players will see the pot rollover. If not won in 5 weeks the pot will go into WAGA funds. Please continue the marking of 2’s clearly on cards and mentioning to Chairman when handing in card. Week 2 next week.
LEAGUE TABLE. The Winter League table is enclosed (2 versions) and sees Peter Alderson retaining top spot in style with 339 points. This is now 36 points ahead of that previous Champion Stuart Hamilton with 303 points but 2 games in hand. The League will run for 28 weeks. As the tunnel was closed for 4 weeks the new qualifier will be 17 scores for a ‘Top 9’ slot on finals day. Our ‘Finals Day’ will be the 23 May 18. The 3 Major WAGA trophies, NGE Shield, Bruce Kingston Shield and League Cup will be up for grabs.
Crapputter Cup. Those members who have not given their allegiance to either camp should review now and contact the relevant Captain for due selection consideration. Those who have already played in the Crapputter Cup are ‘Cup Tied’ !!
· To be played on 21 April 18.
· Team Captains are Judd Larsen for the Jocks and Clive Synnuck for the English.
· Players must have played at least 3 WAGAs.
· Format 12 players. Foursomes/Greensomes (Captains decide) in the Morning, Singles in afternoon.
· 2 weeks prior to event top 6 per team in league selected plus best 3 average (4 and over WAGAs) plus 3 Captains picks.
Thanks again for all your support and hope to see you all soon.
Clive & Steve.
Sent from Outlook