Welcome to the web page of the Wednesday Afternoon Golfing Athletes. Important information will be listed below, WAGA news and related information is listed on the right hand column of the page. The WAGA Points Table is accessible via the link in the top right corner.
Clive Clayton & Steve Chapman (Joint Chairman)
WAGA Points Table
The WAGA Points Table is updated weekly. Please choose the format below.
Find out about this year's Crapputter Cup.
This Week's Results
16 August 17
32 members took part on another glorious sunny Cyprus day.
RESULTS. Holiday returnee Joe Jagger took ‘Pink’ by default (from Phil Shortman who will be away next week after scoring 7 points!!) with 9 points. Tom Garlick capped his improvement by taking ‘Yellow’ with a great 28 points. Two shots back on 26 points was Bill Ferguson. 3rd on 25 points was the ‘totally recovered’ Gary Brownlee who pipped Ray Fish on countback 8 H/C to 16.
- 2 SKINS. The pot of €32.5 rolled over as Gary Brownlee’s 2 on the 3rd was equalled by Stuart Hamilton also on the 3rd. Reminder only 1 player can take the pot. No player or 2 plus players will see the pot roll over. If not won in 5 weeks the pot will go into WAGA funds. Please continue the marking of 2's clearly on cards and mentioning to Chairman when handing in card. Week 3 next week.
- LEAGUE TABLE. The new Summer League table is enclosed (2 versions) and sees Bill Ferguson setting the benchmark at the top having completed his 12 qualifiers with 243 points. Peter Biddulph maintains his challenge with a game in hand on 227 points. 3rd also completing his 12 is Clive Clayton on 224 points. They will not remain there for long as a number of members just behind have games in hand. To note Ian Boote, Dave Sleight and Clive Synnuck. The league will run for 20 weeks up until the 11 Oct. The qualifier for a ‘Top 9’ slot will be 12 WAGAs. Over the next few weeks we will see a number of changes. Reminder:-The Top 9 at close on the week before ‘Finals Day’ will tee off last on Finals Day.
- Please continue to encourage new members to attend WAGA.
- Embrace the WAGA ethos and mix with other players as much as possible during the season. Please refrain from teeing off at too an early a time pre the official 1300H allocated time. Please keep to 3 balls, No 4 balls please unless playing a club KO and certainly no 5 balls at the back of the field as today!!
- Our better players are request to play with less talented players for encouragement and hopefully develop better skills and understanding of rules.
- Summer League will continue this Saturday morning. Please get to the club between 0800H to 0830H (No official H/C required). Your partner will be drawn for play to commence at 0900H. If you have not tried it, do, its good fun.
- Paul Barry will be running WAGA Pontoon Football during the coming football season. Please contact Paul direct email@example.com if you wish to participate. He also runs the ‘Chase the Ace’ on behalf of the club. Full details are on the club notice board.
Thanks again for all your support and hopefully see you next week and the coming weeks in the lead up to the WAGA Summer Finals Day on the 11th of October.
Clive & Steve.