Our objective is to have members play in the sociable and fun event that is to the benefit of the club and members in the Summer League, irrespective of expertise, age, gender etc., all members are welcome.
- The 2018 Summer League will be held on the 12 Saturday mornings from the 23rd June to the 8th of September, and will be played over the 12 holes of the Summer Course.
- Open to all members with an EGA or Club playing handicap, note that handicaps may be adjusted during the series, Guests are welcome subject to security requirements; Guests are not eligible for overall prizes and shall pay entry & green fees. Handicaps may be allocated to newcomers and visitors as required within the restriction above. The proceeds from entry fees will to go to prizes, lunchtime snacks and social events.
- Players wishing to enter shall turn up each Saturday between 0800 and 0830 hrs and enter their names and Summer League Handicap on the sheet provided, pay the entry fee of €2.5 each and take part in a completely random draw to select playing partners/oppositions for the day, each flight’s starting hole will also be drawn at random and the players will walk out about 0845 followed by a Shotgun Start at 0900 hrs.
- The competition is a Stableford 4 Ball Better Ball match play with allocated Summer League Handicaps adjusted for 12 holes subject to item 2. Above “ the modified SL handicaps system” applied after each game; 2 Ball Better Ball matches may be necessary in order that everyone who turns up gets a game, Players may expect to play in a 3 ball only once, being exempt thereafter, if possible….
- Scoring The Holes: Each hole will be scored 1 point for a win, ½ for a draw and 0 for a loss. Ladies/Men are to play using the stroke indices as shown on the Summer League score cards.
- Scoring the Match: All players in 2 / 4 balls receive the points scored in a match, additionally 2 points are awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw, in all cases if there is no overall winner the players receive only their points scored. In a 3 ball match the overall winner receives 2 additional points, drawn players receive 1 point each and losers only score actual points accumulated in the match.
- Scoring the League: Players may enter as many games as they wish and the overall scores will be the total of their best 7 results and the highest scorer will be the winner of the Summer League 2018. If there is a tie, a “count back” initially taking into account the 12th game, and then 11th, 10th and so on until one player has an advantage and they shall be the Summer League Winner, clearly there is an advantage in playing the last game over tied opponents who do not play in the Summer League Finale.