Summer League Competition 2018: Our objective is to provide a sociable, fair and fun event to the benefit of the club and individual members, irrespective of expertise, age or gender during the 12 weeks of summer.
- The 2018 Summer League will be held on the 12 Saturday mornings from the 23rd June to the 8th of September, and will be played over the 12 holes of the Summer Course.
- Open to all members with EGA or Club playing handicaps, note that a “modified SL handicaps system” will be applied after each match during the series, details to be provided. Guests are welcome subject to security requirements; Guests are not eligible for overall prizes and shall pay entry & green fees. Handicaps may be allocated to newcomers and visitors as required within the restrictions above. The proceeds from the entry fees will go towards prizes, lunchtime snacks and social events.
- Players wishing to enter shall turn up each Saturday between 0800 and 0830 hrs ‘Log In’ on the entry sheet provided, pay the fee of €2.5 each and take part in a completely random draw to select playing partners/oppositions for the day, each flight’s starting hole will also be drawn at random and the players will walk out about 0845 followed by a Shotgun Start at 0900 hrs.
- The competition is a Stableford 4 Ball Better Ball match play with allocated Summer League Handicaps adjusted for 12 holes and subject to item 2. Above; 2 /3 Ball Better Ball matches may be necessary in order that everyone who turns up gets a game, Players may expect to play in a 3 ball only once, being exempt thereafter, if possible….
- Scoring the Holes: Each hole won will be scored 1 point, ½ a point for a draw and 0 for a loss. Ladies/Men are to play using the stroke indices as shown on the Summer League score cards.
- Scoring the Match: All players in 2 / 4 balls receive the points scored in a match, additionally 2 points are awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw, in all cases if there is no overall winner the players receive only their points scored. In a 3 ball match the overall winner receives 2 additional points, drawn players receive 1 point each and losers only score actual points accumulated in the match.
- Scoring the League: Players may enter as many games as they wish and the overall scores will be the total of their best 7 results and the highest scorer will be the winner of the Summer League 2018. If there is a tie, a “count back” initially taking into account only the 12th game results, and if necessary then the 11th, 10th and so on until one player has an advantage and they shall be the Summer League Winner. Clearly there is an advantage to playing the last game over a tied opponent whom does not play in the Final on the 8th September 2018, put this date in your diaries.