Reminder in case you do not read all the update. Next week the WAGA will run in conjunction with the Mid Easter Comp which is open to all. Light refreshments will be provided post presentation. Please do stay and support.
Anyway today saw 24 members take part.
RESULTS. Pink went to Ray Kemp by default. The lowest was Gaz Collins with 11 points but as he will not be here (fined for shirt avoidance) it went to Ray with a relatively high 15 points. The yellow went to the England Captain Clive Synnuck with a great score of 25 off a 4 H/C. 2nd was Craig Walsh with 23 points 3rd was Joint Chairman Steve Chapman with 21 points. 4th with 20 points was Stuart Hamilton who pipped Loz Lightbown, Ray Turford, Paul Barry, Rob McCormack and Danny Wilson on countback.
· 2 SKINS. Third week of the 2 skins saw the pot of €42 roll over as no 2s were recorded. Reminder only 1 player can take the pot. No player or 2 plus players will see the pot rollover. If not won in 5 weeks the pot will go into WAGA funds. Please continue the marking of 2’s clearly on cards and mentioning to Chairman when handing in card. Week 4 next week.
LEAGUE TABLE. The Winter League table is enclosed (2 versions) and sees that previous Champion Stuart Hamilton in top spot with 343 points after completing his 17 qualifiers. This is 2 ahead of Peter Alderson with 341 points. The League will run for 28 weeks. As the tunnel was closed for 4 weeks the new qualifier will be 17 scores for a ‘Top 9’ slot on finals day. 3 more members will reach the 17 next week if they play. You will only be able to increase your points total past the 17 by replacing your lowest score.
Our ‘Finals Day’ will be the 23 May 18. The 3 Major WAGA trophies, NGE Shield, Bruce Kingston Shield and League Cup will be up for grabs.
Crapputter Cup. Those members who still have not given their allegiance to either camp should contact the relevant Captain for due selection consideration. Those who have already played in the Crapputter Cup are ‘Cup Tied’ !!
· To be played on 21 April 18.
· Team Captains are Judd Larsen for the Jocks and Clive Synnuck for the English.
· Players must have played at least 3 WAGAs.
· Format 12 players. Greensomes in the Morning, Singles in afternoon.
· Team selection will take place after WAGA on the 11 Apr. Top 6 per team in league selected plus best 3 average (4 and over WAGAs) plus 3 Captains picks.
Thanks again for all your support and hope to see you all soon.
Clive & Steve.
Sent from Outlook