RESULTS. Pink was taken again by Peter Alderson with what would normally be a safe 16 points. Lewis Lea returned to the ‘Yellow’ with a fine 25 points. 2nd was Dave Norris with a good 24 points. 3rd with 22 points was Gary Mac.
· 2 SKINS. First week saw the pot of €8.8 roll over as no 2’s were scored. Reminder only 1 player can take the pot. No player or 2 plus players will see the pot rollover. If not won in 5 weeks the pot will go into WAGA funds. Please continue the marking of 2’s clearly on cards and mentioning to Chairman when handing in card. Week 2 next week.
· LEAGUE TABLE. The Winter League table is enclosed (2 versions) and sees Stuart Hamilton consolidate his lead by 12 points with 370 points. Retaining 2nd is Jim Burke with 358 points. The League will run right up to Finals Day. The Top 9 at COP 16 May 18, next week, will tee off last and compete for the Bruce Kingston. The qualifier will be your best 17 scores for the season. You will only be able to increase your points total past the 17 by replacing your lowest score. All getting very tight into the run in.
Our ‘Finals Day’ will be on the 23 May 18. A great day finishing at Halfway House. The 3 Major WAGA trophies will be up for grabs.
· League Cup. Winner over the Winter Season.
· Bruce Kingston Shield. Top 9 Winner of the day
· NGE Shield. Winner of the rest.
· Players contesting Not Good Enough (NGE) Tournament tee off. NOTE:- Play holes 1-7 then hole 12 back to 8th to play 8-11.
· Top 9 Qualifiers Tee off. 3 Groups of 3 in reverse league standing order.
· 1600H – 1645H
· Qualifiers finish round. Early finishers requested to spectate at Halfway House/11th Hole.
· Presentations at Club.
Cost for WAGA members will be promulgated soon by Steve Chapman. Guests are encouraged to attend the presentation and meal afterwards which will be a pie special followed by Apple Crumble again presented by Gina Potter at €10 per head for guests. Choice of 3pies:- Cheese & Potato, Chicken Tika & Minced Beef all served with mashed spuds, gravy and peas.
A catering list will be available next Wednesday but if you will not be there please send your return ASAP.
Plug for the Open Seniors 4BBB comp to be held on the 19 May 18. All those ‘boys’ over 50 are encouraged to attend.
Thanks again for all your support and hope to see you all next week but more importantly on 23 May for Finals Day.
Clive & Steve.
Sent from Outlook